A Comprehensive Scope of Analysis
NMS Labs offers testing for the identification and quantitation of controlled substances, pharmaceutical preparations, and unknown substances. We test all types of substances including pills, powders, plant materials, and liquids. These tests can be performed for forensic investigations utilizing a minimum of two separate analytical techniques.
NMS Labs has an extensive menu of methods that can be used in substance analysis, including:
- Color test
- Microscopic analysis
- Pharmaceutical Identification-visual comparison of physical characteristics to reference literature
NMS Labs offers services for the following:
- Identification of controlled substances that will withstand scrutiny through the legal system for both prosecution and defense
- Up-to-date scope of analysis to get the right result the first time.
- Identification of novel psychoactive substances including synthetic cannabinoids (e.g. K2, Spice) and synthetic stimulants (e.g. “bath salts” or “plant food”)
- Backlog assistance – NMS Labs has partnered with many local and state crime laboratories to decrease the controlled substance backlog.
See the complete list of controlled substance identification and Quantitation Services offered by NMS Labs.